YOUNG MASTERS YOUTH EXHIBITION 2017
Please click here to download the Young Masters Youth Exhibition Booklet 2017 and Submission Form.
Young Masters provides youth in Mariposa an opportunity to express their ideas, narratives, and inspirations with their community through their own pieces of original visual artwork and offers gallery guests the chance to view the world from our children’s perspective. This year’s theme, Self-Portraiture invites Mariposa’s youth to express their identity through a creative representation of themselves.
Youth living in Mariposa and in grades K-12 are encouraged to submit one piece of work for this juried exhibition.
• Drawing – graphite, color pencil, charcoal, pen/ink, crayon, marker, block prints, etching, pastel, collage/mixed media on paper.
• Painting – watercolor, oil, acrylic on canvas or board. Work should be sufficiently dry.
• 3-Dimensional – clay, wood, metal, cloth, jewelry, papier mache, sculpted pieces. Must by free standing or have study base/holder. Please no work that is extremely fragile or in excess of 30 pounds or 30 inches.
• Photography – digital photography, film, polaroid, photo collage, black and white, color, cyanotypes, mixed media, multiple image art.
• Multi-Media –Please check with us about how to submit work of this nature (email@example.com)
- One entry per student
- All submissions must be original but may borrow images. (For example, a collage made of magazine photos)
- All artwork must be created within the past year
- Submitted art must be ready to display – matted and/or framed with appropriate hanging device. Please no work pasted on construction or colored paper. Inexpensive mats can be purchased at enasco.com or Michael’s.
- Work must be connected to the theme (Dreamscapes and Imaginary Worlds).
- Dates for Submission……………………….……..January 17-25, 2017
- Exhibition Opening Reception.………February 3, 2017, 3:30-5:00pm
- Exhibition Closes……………………….………………February 28, 2017
- Artwork Pick Up…………………………….March 13-17, 2017
HOW TO SUBMIT WORK
Work must be submitted by January 25, 2017 (please note the Arts Council is not open on the weekends).
• To mail submissions please send artwork and endorsed forms to:
Mariposa County Arts Council
P.O. Box 2134
Mariposa, CA 95338
• To hand deliver submissions, please enclose artwork and endorsed forms in an envelope labeled “Young Masters Youth Exhibition 2017” and drop it off at the Arts Council’s office, 5009 Highway 140 (upstairs from Chocolate Soup)
Please detach the required forms from this packet. Submit a separate set of forms for each student and attach to artwork.
• Form A: Submission/Authorization Form
• Form B: Artist Statement
WILL THE STUDENTS GET THEIR ARTWORK BACK?
Yes! Work may be picked up March 13 through March 17, 2017. All work not picked up by a school representative or parent/guardian by the scheduled date will become the property of the Arts Council.
If you have questions, please contact the Mariposa County Arts Council at (209) 966-3155 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to showcasing the creative works of Mariposa’s youth!
Artwork from Young Masters Youth Exhibition 2015: